The history of the Massolinos and their wine became entwined with the history of Serralunga d’Alba in 1896, when Giovanni founded the Estate. Giovanni was the very first person to bring electricity to the village. An enterprising, tenacious and creative man, progenitor of a family that has made the combination of inspiration and tradition something to be proud of.
The first wine cellar was built by Giuseppe, son of the founder Giovanni, who, together with his sister Angela, extended his estate into the best soils and, in 1934, was one of the founders of the Consortium for the Defence of Barolo and Barbaresco. At that time, Giuseppe had six children. Three of them, Giovanni, Camilla and Renato, followed in their father’s footsteps, expanding the estate with the purchase of cru vineyards which are authentic jewels: Margheria, Parafada and Vigna Rionda.
Making wine with passion, in its land of origin, preserving the typical characteristics of the autochthonous grape varieties, being convinced that there is a deep and tangible link between the vines, hills and winegrowers, made up of affinities cemented, by habit, to the land. Since 1896, the Massolino family has been making wine this way, loyal to this philosophy and to the capacity for innovation in the name of tradition. In short, loyal to itself.
Massolino wines are the result of a privileged relationship with the vineyard, interpreting all its peculiarities and nuances. A relationship built up day by day, personally supervising every moment in the production chain in all 23 hectares of the estate. From the vineyard to the cellar, from the vine to the bottle.
- 1.5 hectares
- One of the most important and famous cru vineyards of Serralunga, purchased by the Massolino family towards the end of the 1970s
- Calcareous soil with a good percentage of sand, adding elegance, mineral and spicy notes to the wine.
- Located in the municipality of Serralunga d’Alba
- 1.13 hectares
- Soil: marly lime
- Vigna Rionda
- 2.3 hectares
- Soil: Marly lime
- Located in Castiglione Falletto
- 1.3 hectares